New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones, during his regular appearance on the Up & Adams Show, revealed that he will undergo surgery to repair his torn ACL on Wednesday in New York.
Jones told host Kay Adams that he's doing well and has been rehabbing his knee while trying to get the swelling down before his surgery. He's looking at roughly an 8-10 month recovery time, which, depending on how things go, could see him back on the field by early August in the best-case scenario. In contrast, he'd likely end up starting the 2024 season on the PUP list if his recovery moves toward the longer end of the timeline.
Jones, whose cap hit all but ensures he'll be on the team next year regardless of what the Giants do in the draft, hopes to be back in time for the regular season.
“We’ll attack that, work on that, approach that day-by-day, and try to get back as fast as I can,” Jones said.
- Get the latest breaking news and analysis on the New York Giants
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Check out the Giants Country YouTube Channel.
- Subscribe and like the LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Connect with us via text alerts! Free 14-Day Trial!