Gov. Cuomo made the announcement after the CDC reported 70.0% of New Yorkers age 18 or older have received at least the first dose of a vaccine. That was the threshold Cuomo said would trigger the relaxing of most restrictions. The CDC says 50.3% of all New Yorkers are fully vaccinated.
The following areas displayed fireworks on Tuesday evening.
- Fireworks from Niagara Falls State Park
- Fireworks from Rochester Dome Arena
- Fireworks from NYS Fairgrounds
- Fireworks from downtown Utica
- Fireworks from Empire State Plaza
Other cities hosting firework displays were Binghamton (Binghamton University M Lot), Lake Placid (Lake Placid Club), New York City (New York Harbor), Nyack (Memorial Park), Buffalo and Wantagh (Jones Beach State Park).
Additionally, the following landmarks were lit in blue and gold in honor of reaching the milestone:
- Empire State Building
- One World Trade Center
- Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge
- Kosciuszko Bridge
- The H. Carl McCall SUNY Building
- State Education Building
- Alfred E. Smith State Office Building
- State Fairgrounds – Main Gate and Expo Center
- Niagara Falls
- The “Franklin D. Roosevelt” Mid-Hudson Bridge
- Grand Central Terminal – Pershing Square Viaduct
- Albany International Airport Gateway
- MTA LIRR – East End Gateway at Penn Station