New York City’s leading Democratic candidates for mayor sat down for an exclusive forum on PIX11 News Thursday.
The mayoral forum aired live on PIX11 TV, as well as PIX11.com and the PIX11 News app.
Candidates featured in the May 27 forum included Kathryn Garcia, Eric Adams, Andrew Yang, Scott Stringer, Maya Wiley, Shaun Donovan and Ray McGuire.
During the forum, mayoral hopefuls shared their views as New York City faces the prospect of rebuilding from the coronavirus pandemic. There’s also been a spike in crime, which is a top issue for voters, according to a new PIX11, NewsNation, Emerson College poll.
Moderators Ayana Harry and Henry Rosoff asked the candidates a wide-range of topics, from housing to policing, schools, crime, transit and the budget. Host Dan Mannarino, and commentators Morgan Pehme and Tara Dowdell, broke down the interviews.
Miss the forum? Watch the candidates’ interviews by clicking the links below:
- NYC mayoral candidate Ray McGuire: ‘We ought to be outraged’ at lack of NYC school success
- NYC mayoral candidate Shaun Donovan would give renters facing eviction direct payments to keep their homes
- NYC mayoral candidate Maya Wiley says lengthy civil rights background proves she’s ready to lead NYC
- NYC mayoral candidate Scott Stringer says buses are the future of NYC transit
- NYC mayoral candidate Andrew Yang: Reducing homelessness is key to solving NYC hate crimes crisis
- NYC mayoral candidate Eric Adams: Universal dyslexia screening in NYC could curb school-to-prison pipeline
- NYC mayoral candidate Kathryn Garcia on how a manager gets the job done in NYC
Candidates didn’t just talk policy. Watch the interviews below to learn more about them as people:
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Kathryn Garcia
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Eric Adams
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Andrew Yang
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Scott Stringer
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Maya Wiley
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Shaun Donovan
- Getting to know NYC mayoral candidate Ray McGuire
There will also be a live one-hour debate between Republican mayoral candidates on Thursday, June 3 from 8 to 9 p.m. Catch a recap of both the forum and debate that night, from 9 to 10 p.m.
Find additional resources and reporting at pix11.com/NewYorkElections.