NEW YORK (PIX11) — Starting Friday, there will be plenty of service changes across multiple subway lines during Labor Day weekend, according to the MTA.
On Saturday and Sunday, the trains will run on the usual weekend schedule. On Labor Day, the subway will run on a Sunday schedule so there will be no service on the E, W, and Z trains, and no express 6, 7, or F trains, the agency said.
Other service changes this weekend will affect the 2, 5, A, C, D, E, F, J, and R lines:
- 2 train in Manhattan and Brooklyn: service will be suspended from Harlem-148 St in Manhattan to New Lots Av station in Brooklyn to make accessibility improvements. The service suspensions will begin on Friday, Sept. 2 at 11:30 p.m. and will last until Monday, Sept. 5 at 5:00 a.m.
- 2 train in the Bronx: train service will be suspended between 3 Av-149 St in the Bronx and 135 St in Manhattan. The service suspensions begin on Friday, Sept. 2 at 11:45 p.m. and will last until Monday, Sept. 5 at 5:00 a.m.
- 5 train in the Bronx: train service in the Bronx will be suspended between East 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse. The service suspensions begin on Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5:45 a.m. to 11:15 p.m. and on Sunday, Sept. 4 from 7:45 a.m to 11:15 p.m.
- A, C train in Manhattan and Brooklyn: Brooklyn-bound A service will run locally in Manhattan from 125 St to W 4 St-Washington Sq. The service change begins on Friday, Sept. 2 at 10:00 p.m. and will last until 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 6.
- Brooklyn-bound A.C will run via the F line from W 4 St-Washington Sq in Manhattan to Jay St-Metro Tech in Brooklyn starting on Friday, Sept. 2 at 9:45 p.m. until Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 5:00 a.m.
- Brooklyn-bound D service will run local in Manhattan from 145 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle. The service changes will begin on Friday, Sept. 2 at 10:00 p.m. and will last until 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6 for switch maintenance.
- E service will run via the F line between Roosevelt Av in Queens and W 4 St-Washington Sq in Manhattan. The service changes begin on Friday, Sept. 2 at 9:45 p.m. and will last until 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
- J service will be suspended between Crescent St and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer. The service changes begin Saturday, Sept. 3 at 3:45 a.m. and will last until 10:00 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 5
- Bay Ridge-bound R trains will run express in Brooklyn from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 59 St. The service changes begin Friday, Sept. 2 at 10:45 p.m. and will last until 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6. The service changes are part of ongoing asbestos abatement and cable work on both the local and express tracks between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 36 St.
- At West 4 St-Washington Sq D, E, and F trains will all be on the lower-level tracks. E trains will run via their normal route in Manhattan between West 4 St and World Trade Center
- Brooklyn-bound A,C trains will be on the upper-level tracks and are running local on 8th Ave. in Manhattan from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq
- Brooklyn-bound A. C trains are running via the F line from West 4 St in Manhattan to Jay St-MetroTech in Brooklyn
For a map of all the detailed changes, visit this MTA site.
The agency said it will be doing maintenance and track repairs during the three-day holiday weekend.