Torrential downpours and gusty winds walloped the tri-state area on Tuesday, forcing many schools to take precautions.
Here’s PIX11’s list of school closings and delays so far:
- Rutgers University transitioned to remote learning
- Paterson public schools closed Tuesday
- North Bergen schools closed Tuesday
- Passaic public schools closed Tuesday
- Parsippany-Troy Hills schools closed Tuesday
- Beacon Christian Academy and Little Lamb Preschool closed Tuesday
- Hudson County Community College delayed — opening at 12 p.m.
- Bayonne school district closed Tuesday
- West New York schools closed Tuesday
- Golden Door Charter school closed Tuesday
- Good Shepherd Academy delayed opening Tuesday
- Caldwell University closed Tuesday
- William Paterson University closed Tuesday
- Kean University closed Tuesday
- Saint Peter’s University closed Tuesday (online classes still scheduled; offices will operate remotely)
- New Jersey City University buildings closed Tuesday, except for essential weather personnel. Students and staff pivoted to remote learning and work.
All New York City schools will remain open Tuesday. All programs and activities will be held as scheduled.
Flood advisories have been issued for much of New York City, Long Island and Westchester County and parts of northern New Jersey. Long Island and the Connecticut shoreline has been issued a coastal flood advisory. Plus, a wind advisory has been posted for Eastern Long Island.
Flash flood warnings have also been issued for New Jersey’s Burlington, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean counties. Flash flood warnings were also issued for Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic and Union counties Tuesday morning.
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy declared states of emergency ahead of the storm.