This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW YORK (PIX11) — Police arrested a suspect in the death of a Queens mother whose body was found in a duffel bag near a park over the weekend, police said Thursday.

Orsolya Gaal was stabbed 58 times inside her Forest Hills home sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning, according to officials. Her body was found inside a duffel bag on Saturday morning near Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway — about a half a mile from her home. A man walking his dog found the bag and called the police, according to sources.

Police on Thursday charged David Bonola, 44, with murder, criminal tampering and criminal possession of a weapon, according to the NYPD. Investigators believe Bonola, who also lives in Queens, had done work at Gaal’s home and may have had access to a key, sources told PIX11 News.

Investigators have spent the past six days piecing together what happened to the 51-year-old mother of two teens. According to law enforcement sources, Gaal attended a show Friday night at Lincoln Center. After, she spent about 45 minutes waiting at a bar for someone who did not show up.

Gaal ordered her usual at the Forest Hills Station House, a bartender there said. She didn’t seem frightened or scared. The mom had one drink before she left.

Investigators said Gaal eventually returned to her home on Juno Street, where she was stabbed dozens of times. There were signs of defensive wounds on her hands. The killer put her body in a duffel bag and dumped it near Forest Park.

Surveillance video obtained by PIX11 News shows someone pulling a duffel bag down Juno Street Saturday. PIX11 is not showing the footage but shared an image of the suspect with the bag. Police said a trail of blood from the bag led officers to Gaal’s home. 

The suspect also allegedly sent a chilling text to Gaal’s husband, who was out of town at the time, threatening to kill his whole family, sources told PIX11 News. The husband was cooperating with police and had turned over his cellphone, sources said. It appears Gaal knew her killer because investigators said there were no signs of forced entry at the home.