Ozone Park house fire: Cause was ‘accidental,’ no smoke alarms: FDNY

Queens
Fire at Ozone park home in Queens

Firefighters on the scene after fire ripped through a home in Ozone Park, Queens early Thursday, May 27, 2021. (PIX11 News)

OZONE PARK, Queens — Fire officials determined a house fire in Queens that left four women critically injured was accidental.

The blaze broke out on the third floor of a three-story private dwelling home at 101-10 101st Ave. in Ozone Park early Thursday.

Four women, between the ages of 30 and 60, were rescued from the building and taken to the hospital in critical condition. They suffered severe trauma to their bodies, authorities said.

The FDNY determined the fire was accidental and caused by overloaded extension cords.

There were no smoke alarms present, according to the FDNY. 

A GoFundMe page has been set up for the victims’ medical bills and recovery.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Queens Videos

Funeral held for 10-year-old Justin Wallace

Coldplay at capacity: Concert kicks off live events in NYC

Couples still out thousands after venue shuts down

'Queens' comeback story is in motion': Borough president talks vaccinations

Lyft driver killed in Queens crash; 2nd driver arrested, police say

How rain gardens stop flooding and water pollution

More Queens

Connect with PIX11 Online

Connect with PIX11 Online

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

@PIX11News on Twitter