CORONA, Queens – A 20-year-old man was arrested for allegedly slashing three people with a machete outside a Dominican restaurant early Sunday.
The NYPD said a verbal dispute over a woman erupted between the attacker, later identified as Guillermo Torres, and three men, ages 19, 22 and 32, at Cibao Bar and Restaurant on Northern Boulevard in Corona.
Police said Torres was apparently “jealous” the patrons were talking to his female companion. Neither the victims nor the attacker and his friend knew each other before the encounter.
He then left the venue, retrieved a machete and waited outside the eatery until the men walked out, slashing them and causing physical injuries, according to police.
Police said the teenage victim suffered a wound to the left shoulder and fracture to his left wrist, the 22-year-old took a laceration to the forehead, left ring finger and left pinky, and the 32-year-old has a cut to the left shoulder as a result of the attack.
All the victims were taken to area hospitals in stable condition.
Torres was charged with three counts of assault and criminal possession of a weapon, police said. The weapon used by him has not been recovered.
He was also arrested in November of last year for robbing his victim’s cellphone at knifepoint, police said.