This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW YORK — Police said one person has died, three others were hurt during shooting inside Irving Plaza concert hall, where rapper T.I. was scheduled to perform.

Shots rang out around 10:15 p.m. Wednesday on the third floor of the music venue in the V.I.P area, according to officials. T.I., whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris Jr., was in proximity of the shooting.

The NYPD said a 34-year-old man was shot in the chest and a 33-year-old man was shot in the stomach and a 26-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to the leg. They were taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where the 33-year-old was pronounced dead. His identity has yet to be released.

A fourth person, a 30-year-old man, walked into New York University Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. Police sources said the victim was identified as rapper Troy Ave.

Investigators are looking at surveillance tape, which show the shooter with the gun, sources told PIX11.

Hip-hop artists Maino and Uncle Murda were performing at the time of the shooting. T.I. had not come out on stage yet, concert goers said. He was expected to also perform at 1 OAK later Wednesday evening, but the NYPD shut down the club.

Police said there were metal detectors at the Irving Plaza but are investigating whether they were used. Several concert attendees complained of not being checked before entering the venue.

After the shooting, chaos ensued and it was all caught on video.

“People were falling, they were getting stepped on but honestly I was really focused on getting out,” a fan named Nas said.

Saqib echoed a similar experience.

“They were screaming, they were pushing, blocking each other, using people as shields,” he said.

Irving Plaza issued a statement on Twitter, saying customer’s safety is of the utmost importance and are deferring details of what transpired to the NYPD.

Rapper 50 Cent visited Bellevue Hospital early Thursday morning, where his friend’s girlfriend is recovering — she was injured in the shooting.

“I’m here to support my friend, his girl was shot. What’s happened here is not good,” he said.

No arrests have been made, police said.

PIX11 reporter Ayana Harry and digital producer Alyssa Zauderer contributed to this report.