Carbon monoxide leak sickens residents of Washington Heights apartment building

Manhattan
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, Manhattan (PIX11) — Several people, including a 3-year-old girl, were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak inside a Washington Heights apartment building.

Approximately 200 residents were evacuated from the building on W. 163rd Street and Fort Washington Avenue.

Officials say the leak was possibly caused by a Con Edison job gone wrong.

An official told PIX11 the FDNY and Con Ed are working to remain the leak.

Dozens are residents have been taken to local shelters.

The condition of those exposed to the CO is unknown at this time.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Manhattan Videos

Parishioners march to site of Middle Collegiate Church on anniversary of fire

Police search for gunman in subway shooting

Columbia students mourn student who was stabbed and killed

Columbia University student killed, tourist wounded in stabbing spree

Morningside stabbing spree: Columbia student killed, tourist wounded

More Manhattan

Connect with PIX11 Online

Connect with PIX11 Online

Trending Stories

Follow us on Facebook

Don't Miss