NEW YORK (PIX11) — While the heat and humidity blanket the New York City area, folks can seek refuge at various cooling centers in the five boroughs.
A Heat Advisory is in effect for New York City until 8 p.m. Tuesday. Monday will be mostly sunny with a high of 87 degrees, though showers or thunderstorms could move in after 2 p.m., including into the evening hours.
The Salvation Army will also have cooling centers open Monday and Tuesday at the following locations:
- Bay Ridge: 252 86th Street, Brooklyn
- Bedford Temple: 601 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn
- Bronx Tremont: 2121 Washington Avenue, The Bronx
- Harlem Temple: 540 Lenox Avenue, Manhattan
- Manhattan Citadel: 175 East 125th Street, Manhattan
- Port Richmond: 1295 Forest Avenue, Staten Island
- Times Square: 315 W 47th Street, Manhattan