GRAVESEND, Brooklyn — A teenage boy had to be rescued at a Brooklyn elementary school after falling down a chimney early Wednesday, according to police.
The FDNY said the call came in around 3:45 a.m. after the teen fell into a chimney at P.S. 255 – The Barbara Reing School in the Gravesend neighborhood.
Police said the 16-year-old’s brother was on the ground when he climbed up to the roof of the school and fell down the chimney, plunging four stories down to the school’s basement.
His brother made the 911 call, prompting the rescue, authorities said.
FDNY crews rescued the boy from the chimney via a hatch in the basement boiler room, freeing him by around 4:45 a.m.
The teen suffered a broken leg and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, police said.
He also received a summons for trespassing on the property, according to the NYPD.