BROOKLYN (PIX11) — A serial burglar has broken into seven businesses across south Brooklyn since mid-May, swiping more than $11,000 total in cash, lottery tickets, and merchandise, according to the NYPD.
Across the seven incidents tallied between May 19 and June 9, the thief used a variety of methods to enter the businesses, including clipping locks, breaking security gates, and, in one case, shattering a glass door, police said. Each of the break-ins occurred between the hours of 2:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., according to authorities.
These are the locations of businesses hit in the spree, as well as the proceeds, as reported by police:
- 18th Avenue near 66th Street; $4,000 in lottery tickets, $1,300 cash, and $800 in cigarettes taken
- 20th Avenue near 84th Street; $200 cash taken
- Bath Avenue near Bay 10th Street; $200 cash taken
- Avenue U near East 29th Street; $50 cash taken
- Bath Avenue near 26th Avenue; $700 cash and $220 in lottery tickets taken
- 67th Street near 14th Avenue; $3,000 cash taken
- Bay Parkway near 66th Street; $600 cash taken
Investigators released a surveillance image of the suspect on Monday and asked anyone with information to contact police.