MOTT HAVEN, the Bronx (PIX11) — The mother and half-brother of Julissia Batties have been arrested for the 7-year-old Bronx girl’s 2021 murder, police said Wednesday.

Navasia Jones, 36, and Paul Fine, 18, have been criminally charged in Batties’ brutal beating, nearly a year after the little girl was found unconscious in her Mott Haven home.

Both Jones and Fine are charged with murder, manslaughter, and acting in a manner injurious to a child, police said. Jones additionally faces a charge of failure to exercise control of a minor, while Fine is also charged with assault and sexual abuse.

“This is a revolting, disturbing case of brutality and callousness. Julissia Batties’ death was horrific. Her seven years on Earth were a lifetime of pain, abuse, neglect and cruelty,” said Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark.

Fine had previously admitted to repeatedly hitting Batties in the head simply because she said she was going to grab a snack from the kitchen, according to law-enforcement sources.

Jones, meanwhile, denied she had a role in her daughter’s death. She told investigators that she had been out at a local deli when the fatal injuries occurred, sources have said. But police reviewed multiple surveillance videos, none of which showed Jones leaving her apartment building or going to a deli on the Aug. 2021 date in question, a source said.

Jones and Fine have also claimed that Batties’ fatal injuries were caused by a desk falling on her, according to sources. But the city medical examiner determined that Batties had injuries both old and new at the time of her death.

“They said that the child fell against various items in the apartment or on the floor. All of those statements were inconsistent with the fatal and nonfatal injuries on Julissia’s body. Julissia lay dying for three hours,” Clark said.

Batties’ paternal grandmother said she repeatedly tried to get custody of her over the years. She said she told case workers that her granddaughter was being abused at her mother’s apartment in the Mitchel Houses.

The city Administration for Children’s Services had investigated allegations of abuse against Batties prior to her death, but Jones allegedly refused to let case workers interview her daughter.