This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MORRIS PARK, the Bronx (PIX11) — A man arrested late Tuesday night after allegedly opening fire in a Bronx hospital was tracked down after he signed in at the hospital, police said Wednesday.

According to police, Keber Martinez, 25, was arrested around 11:45 p.m. on several charges. Authorities said they expect the suspected shooter to face charges including attempted murder, reckless endangerment and possession of a firearm.

According to the NYPD, authorities were able to identify the suspect because he signed in to the hospital before gunfire erupted.

Gunfire erupted inside the emergency department waiting room at NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi in Morris Park around 12:40 p.m., according to police and a hospital spokesperson. The gunman walked in and shot another man who was in the waiting room, the hospital spokesperson said.

The 35-year-old victim underwent surgery and was expected to survive, police said.  The hospital spokesperson said no hospital employees were injured in the shooting.

PIX11 obtained shocking surveillance video of the moment the shooter took out a gun in the waiting room and opened fire. Bystanders can be seen running and ducking as shots are fired, before the suspect flees.

The incident came as Mayor Eric Adams vowed to end gun violence in the boroughs. Adams outlined his “blueprint to end gun violence,” which addresses each cause of gun violence with immediate actions and long-term initiatives. Adams also renewed his call for the federal and state governments to step up their partnerships with the city to reduce gun violence.

Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting, downloading the NYPD Crime Stoppers mobile app, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Editor’s note: The spelling of the suspect’s name has been updated.