How quickly a space heater fire can spread

News

NASSAU COUNTY — Long Island officials gathered Wednesday to demonstrate fire safety techniques in the wake of a deadly and devastating Bronx fire.

Sunday’s blaze left 17 dead. It was started by a malfunctioning space heater. The fire and smoke spread as a door was left open.

Officials hope to use the tragedy to teach fire safety.

Wednesday’s lesson at the Nassau County Fire Academy demonstrated how quickly a fire from a misused space heater can engulf a room.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Connect with PIX11 Online

Connect with PIX11 Online

Trending Stories

Follow us on Facebook

Don't Miss

@PIX11News on Twitter