NEW YORK – Super Bowl 50 is just days away, but luckily there’s more than enough time to practice this cheesy pull-apart sliders recipe before your friends show up on Sunday. Not a football fan? Don’t worry, this recipe goes well with Netflix, picnics and just about any other food-related activity.
Here is a full recipe for ‘Cheesy Pull-Apart Sliders.’ This video, created by PIX’s sister news operation Eye Opener, is inspired by a recipe from Kevin & Amanda’s blog. See the original HERE and explore their website HERE.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- ½ cup (one stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet on the stove top over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the beef and season with salt, pepper, mustard powder, and paprika. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are golden. Stir in drained tomatoes until combined.
- Slice dinner rolls in half and place bottom half of rolls in 9×13 baking dish. Top with beef mixture & sliced cheese. Finish off with the top half of the bun.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan over medium heat (or microwave about 40 seconds) and mix until melted, smooth, and combined. Pour evenly over the buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Makes: 12 burgers.
Don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends on social media!