NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Cuomo shares NY COVID-19 update
- Broadway tickets will go on sale tomorrow (Thursday, May 6)
- Seating will be at 100% capacity
- Shows will open on Sept. 14
- Baseball reopening updates – starting May 19
- Vaccinated fans can sit in sections with normal capacity and seating, with masks. Children under 16 can accompany adults.
- Unvaccinated fans will be in sections with 33% capacity and 6-foot distanced seating.
- Yankees and Mets have teamed with Department of Health to offer onsite vaccine shots at their stadiums on game days.
- Those who get the vaccine at Yankee Stadium or Citi Field will receive a voucher for a free ticket to a future game.
- These shots will be the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, so it’s one shot and done.
- Statewide positivity: 1.49% – lowest since Oct. 28
- 7-day average positivity: 1.71%
- Statewide COVID hospitalizations: 2,458 (-115) – lowest since Nov. 21
- ICU patients: 610 (-15) – lowest since Nov. 24
- Intubated: 379 (-2) – lowest since Dec. 2
- Statewide COVID deaths: 31
- 16,071,778 total doses given in NY
- 9,421,044 first doses – 58.8% of ages 18+ in state
- 7,255,525 fully vaccinated – 45.6% of ages 18+ in state
Mayor de Blasio shares NYC COVID-19 update
Crash Victim RIghts and Safety Act
- Albany needs to take action
- Aggressive action against reckless driving
- Supports the families of crash victims
- Multiple Vision Zero reforms:
- Traffic Crash Victim Bill of Rights
- Sammy’s Law to lower speed limits
- Blood-Alcohol Concentration lowered to .05
- Remove dangerous driving “Rule of Two”
- 24/7 speed safety cameras
- Safe passage for cyclists
- DMV pre-licensing course
Vaccines in NYC
- Total doses administered: 6,737,641
- City-run sites offer walk-ins
- Go to NYC.gov/VaccineFinder or call 1-877-VAX-4NYC
- 100,000 doses administered at Citi Field
Recovery for All: Fighting gun violence
- Expanding violence interrupters in southeast Queens
- Expanding to 105th Precinct (Laurelton, Rosedale, Springfield Gardens)
- Investing in King of Kings and 100 Suits for 100 Men organizations to assist
- $1.1 million in investments
- COVID Hospitalizations: 121 (37% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 1.61
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 1,083
- 7-day rolling average: 2.61%
Latest official numbers
As of Wednesday, there were 2,045,904 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,161 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here