NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Cuomo shares NYS COVID-19 updates
- NY positivity rate: 0.7% (Lowest since Aug. 30)
- Tests reported: 133,208
- NY COVID-19 hospitalizations: 1,274
- Intubations: 177
- COVID-19 fatalities in NY: 17
- NYC positivity:
- Bronx: 0.69%
- Manhattan: 0.41%
- Staten Island: 0.81%
- Brooklyn: 0.75%
- Queens: 0.67%
- NY positivity: One of top-three states with lowest positivity
- Vaccinations are slowing
- Population driving COVID positivity: 12-17 year olds. (also the group less likely to get vaccinated)
- Raffle for 50 full tuition, room and board scholarships to any public school or university for 12-17 y/os who get vaccinated in the next six weeks.
- Thursday through July 7, any 12-17-year-old who gets first Pfizer dose can enter for 10 four-year scholarships to a CUNY/SUNY awarded via random drawing every Wednesday.
- To enter: ny.gov/vaccinescholarship
- Kids who receive the vaccine will be eligible for every weekly drawing, so the sooner you get the vaccine, the greater your chances
- Business Relief:
- 330,000 small businesses eligible for grants up to $50,000
- Applications open June 10 – NYSBusinessRecovery.ny.gov
- Tenant Relief:
- Funding available for expected 200,000 eligible low-income households and landlords
- Applications open June 1 – OTDA.ny.gov/ERAP
- Applications are on a first come, first serve basis
- All venues can go back to 100% capacity for fully vaccinated people
- Some venues: Can do 50% vaccinated/50% unvaccinated, but it limits capacity
- Arenas, theaters, etc. can go to 100% capacity for ONLY vaccinated people.
- Radio City Music Hall – 100% capacity – fully vaccinated
Mayor de Blasio shares COVID updates in NYC
- 8,062,074 total vaccine doses given so far in NYC
- 4,303,475 first doses
- 331,649 single doses
- As of last week, over 50,000 children ages 12 to 15 have received at least one vaccine shot, according to Health Commissioner Dr. Dave Chokshi.
COVID daily indicators
- New COVID hospitalizations: 59
- Hospital admissions per 100K, 7-day average: 0.79
- New COVID cases, 7-day average: 385
- NYC positivity rate, 7-day average: 1.08%
- Georgia Pestana nominated to replace Jim Johnson as New York City’s Corporation Counsel.
- In her new role, Pestana will head the NYC Law Department, overseeing a staff of nearly 1,000 lawyers and about 700 support professionals who represent the City government in legal matters.
NYC schools reopening
New York City public schools will fully reopen for in-person learning, with no remote option, for the next academic year in September.
COVID vaccine latest in New York
As of Tuesday, 18,528,624 total vaccine doses had been administered statewide and 8,836,127 New York residents were fully vaccinated.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million — The “Vax & Scratch” program begins Monday.
Latest official numbers
As of Wednesday, there were 2,081,049 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,642 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here