NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- Test results reported – 100,477
- Total positive – 349
- One-day percent positive – 0.35%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 0.40%
- Patient hospitalization – 628
- COVID patients in ICU – 158
- Patients in ICU with intubation – 90
- New COVID fatalities – 9
- Total deaths – 42,891
Vaccine latest in New York
- Total vaccine doses administered – 20,296,035
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 83,989
- Total vaccine doses administered over past seven days – 579,738
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 67.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 60.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 70.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 61.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 56.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 49.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 58.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 50.6%
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
Vaccines in NYC
- Total doses administered: 8,831, 882
- New contest prize: $2,500
- Get shot at a city-run site
- 10 winners a week through July
Counterfeit Temporary Plates
- NYPD and DOT partnering to stop and solve crimes
- Police Commissioner Dermot Shea: We have a strategy coming together.
- We’ve seen a clear connection with this to violence sometimes.
- Strategy will be put in place
Returning to shelters
- Temporary hotel shelters saved lives by stopping spread of COVID
- Goal: Provide best support and services
- Put people on path to permanent housing
- Needed: State authorization
- COVID Hospitalizations: 69 (13% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 0.45
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 188
- 7-day rolling average: 0.57%
NY lifts most COVID restrictions after hitting 70% vaccination benchmark
It was the moment many New Yorkers had been waiting for: Gov. Andrew Cuomo officially announced the end of most COVID-19 restrictions “effective immediately” on Tuesday.
The announcement came one day after the state hit its goal of getting at least one vaccine shot in the arms of 70% of adult New Yorkers.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official numbers
As of Wednesday, there were 2,093,328 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,891 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here