NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine update in New York
- Total doses administered – 13,752,715
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 169,746
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 1,312,180
- Percent of New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 42.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers fully vaccinated – 29.2%
Gov. Andrew Cuomo offers COVID updates
BREAKING: New Yorkers who are 60 and older can get a vaccine without an appointment at state-run mass vaccination site beginning Friday, Cuomo said.
Governor spoke at a mass vaccination site in Yonkers
- Mass vaccination sites are the most effective in terms of number of shots administered, Cuomo said.
- The Yonkers site has now hit 50,000 shots administered.
- The National Guard does a fantastic job.
New COVID data for New York
- One-day average statewide positivity from Tuesday was 2.14% — lowest since Nov. 5
- Seven-day average statewide positivity was 2.6% — lowest since Nov. 11
- “That’s a very big deal,” Cuomo said.
- 53 new COVID fatalities reported Tuesday
- 817 COVID patients in ICUs
- 505 ventilators in use statewide
Regionwide positivity rate breakdown
- 4.4% Western New York — highest in the state
- 3% Mid-Hudson region
- 2.9% Long Island
- 2.8% New York City
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
Policing in NYC
- Mayor: People want to be protected without any discrimination.
- Stronger oversight and transparency works.
Vaccines in NYC
- Total doses administered: 5,890,423
- Get vaccinated: nyc.gov/Vaccinefinder
- Mobile vaccines on the move: Coming to Chinatown and Astoria
Tourism in NYC
- Hundreds of thousands of jobs depend on tourism
- $30 million tourism campaign
- Bring back 400,000 jobs
- Boost hotels, restaurants, taxis, arts, entertainment and more.
- Show the world NYC is back
- COVID Hospitalizations: 162 (53% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 2.64
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 2,063
- 7-day rolling average: 4.83%
Latest official numbers
As of Wednesday, there were 1,997,516 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,629 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here