NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
NY COVID vaccine update
- Total doses administered – 14,550,880
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 115,854
- Total doses administered over past 7 days – 1,121,960
- Percent of New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 44.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers fully vaccinated – 31.4%
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on CDC’s relaxed mask guidance
“That is liberating, especially now that the weather is getting warmer,” the governor said of the CDC’s new relaxed guidance on wearing masks outdoors. “New York has adopted that guidance. So that’s going to go into effect in New York also.”
NY expands COVID vaccine walk-in options
All residents 16 and older can get vaccinated against COVID-19 without an appointment at all state-run mass vaccination sites beginning Thursday, Gov. Cuomo said.
“All you have to do is show up,” the governor said.
CDC eases mask guidance for fully vaccinated Americans
U.S. health officials say fully vaccinated Americans don’t need to wear masks outdoors anymore unless they are in a big crowd of strangers, and those who are unvaccinated can go without a face covering outside in some cases, too.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations in New York State
- Of the 103,675 tests reported Monday, 2,704 were positive
- One-day statewide positivity rate – 2.61%
- Seven-day statewide positivity rate – 2.06%
- Statewide COVID hospitalizations – 3,184 — down 689 from last week
- Number of ICU patients with COVID – 728
- Number of COVID patients intubated – 461
- New York City positivity rate – 2.1%
- Long Island positivity rate – 2.1%
- New COVID fatalities – 26
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
Death of NYPD officer
- Two different situations came together and lives were lost
- City is mourning loss of a heroic officer
Vaccines in NYC
- Total doses: 6,249,262
- No appointments required at city-run vaccine sites
- Mental health in schools
- Universal social-emotional screening
- Mental health support in Summer Rising
- This fall: hiring 600+ new support workers
- Expanding Parent University
- Schools Chancellor Meisha Ross Porter: It is hard to put into words how significant this moment and historic it is.
- COVID Hospitalizations: 140 (42% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 2.24
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 1,603
- 7-day rolling average: 3.5%
Test and Trace Corps. and vaccinations
Executive Director of New York’s Test and Trace Corps. Dr. Ted Long discussed what the group is doing to target neighborhoods and help get them vaccinated and what the city is doing to encourage people to complete their second dose. He also explained why NYC can’t let our guards down as we approach the summer.
Latest official numbers
As of Tuesday, there were 2,021,407 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,875 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here