NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Cuomo shares NY COVID-19 data
- NY positivity rate: 3.37%
- Test reported: 116,483
- Total positive: 3,922
- Cumulative total: 1,993,190
- NY COVID-19 hospitalizations: 3,873
- ICU: 823
- Intubated: 504
- COVID-19 fatalities in NY: 45
- Death toll: 41,575
- Vaccines in NY: 13,582,969 total administered
- 42.1% of NYers received at least one dose
- 28.8% have completed their vaccine series
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
Vaccines in NYC
- Doses administered: 5,843,222
- Appointments available citywide
- Walk-in appointments for those 50 and older.
- Rockaways vaccination sites
- April 29: Large capacity site at Beach 39th Street
- April 22-APril 25: NYCHA Ocean Bay Apartments
- April 22-APril 24: Challenge Charter Middle School
Climate change in NYC
- Securing hydropower for NYC
- Establishing a formal commitment with the state to connect to large-scale renewable energy
- Clean energy directly linked to a fair recovery
- Power NYC government with 100% renewables by 2025
Cure violence program
- 116th precinct re-created (Southeast Queens)
- “It’s been a long time coming to this point,” Selvena Brooks-Powers
- Neighborhood policing and bringing the community together
- Overall crime is down 11% year to date compared to last year.
- Safe Summer NYC
- Will deter gun violence with real consequences for picking up a firearm and create disincentives to turning to a life of crime by providing real, positive alternatives for young people.
- Cooperation between the community, cops and courts drives the vision.
- Will have the right police presence in key areas.
- Investing in neighborhoods
- Double Cure Violence workforce from 300 to 325 to 650 and expand to at least 31 sites
- Double Summer Youth employment slots from 800 to 2,000, both during the summer and throughout the year
- Launch Operation Safe Parks and Gang-Free Zones to provide safe, protected places for people to congregate
- Host Saturday Night Light games at 100 sites
- Refurbish 15 basketball courts at NYCHA developments
- Cops in targeted areas
- Precise police presence to prevent gun violence
- Focus on the 100 blocks with the highest rates of gun violence
- Courts: Coordinate across the Justice System
- Unveil NYC Joint Force to End Gun Violence
- COVID Hospitalizations: 161 (52% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 2.65
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 2,233
- 7-day rolling average: 4.67%
Latest official numbers
As of Tuesday, there were 1,993,190 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,575 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here