NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths in NY
- Test results reported Saturday – 122,737
- Total positive – 785
- One-day percent positive – 0.64%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 0.71%
- Patient hospitalization – 1,068
- COVID patients in ICU – 260
- COVID patients in ICU with intubation – 155
- New COVID deaths – 18
- Total deaths – 42,696
COVID vaccine latest in New York
- Total vaccine doses administered – 18,996,617
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 104,851
- Total vaccine doses administered over past seven days – 618,818
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 65.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 56.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 53.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 45.6%
Movie theater chains lift mask mandate
Masks are no longer required for people who are vaccinated at the three main movie theater chains in the United States. AMC Entertainment, Cinemark, and Regal Cinemas announced the decision two weeks after the CDC said fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks in most settings.
Two-thirds of NY adults have taken one vaccine dose: CDC
The latest federal data shows two-thirds of adults in New York have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. At the same time, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said on Saturday that coronavirus-related hospitalizations statewide are down to 1,143 patients.
Vaccinated vs. unvaccinated children: What can they do?
Though COVID vaccinations are on the rise, children younger than 12 and those opting not to get vaccinated are still at risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus. One doctor weighs in on what unvaccinated children can and can’t do.
NYC reports 1 COVID death
One death in Staten Island was the only COVID-related fatality reported with the five boroughs on Thursday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday. The state also reported its lowest daily positivity rate since the start of the pandemic.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
NY venues can return to 100% capacity
All venues in New York now have the option to return to 100% capacity for only fully vaccinated people, Gov. Cuomo announced Wednesday.
Some venues, however, have the option to have a capacity of 50% vaccinated and 50% unvaccinated people, however that limits the number of people allowed into arenas, stadiums and other spaces, according to Cuomo. Read more here for the full details.
Latest official numbers
As of Sunday, there were 2,084,696 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,696 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here