NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
NY COVID vaccine latest
- Total doses administered – 18,377,799
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 97,778
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 822,376
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 63.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 54.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 51.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 43.9%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths in NY
- Test results reported Saturday – 138,927
- Total positive – 1,073
- One-day percent positive – 0.77%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 0.92% — lowest since Sept. 23 and 48th consecutive day of decline
- Patient hospitalization – 1,335 — Lowest since Nov. 5
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 315 — Lowest since Nov. 11
- Number of ICU patients with intubation – 194 — Lowest since Nov. 17
- New COVID fatalities – 12
- Total deaths – 42,594
Stimulus checks: What could a fourth round of payments look like?
Some lawmakers are pushing for a fourth round of stimulus relief, however, experts say it is possible that not everyone who was previously eligible for coronavirus aid will receive stimulus benefits.
New COVID-19 cases plummet across U.S.
New coronavirus cases across the United States have tumbled to rates not seen in more than 11 months, sparking optimism that vaccination campaigns are stemming both severe COVID-19 cases and the spread of the virus.
Is it COVID or seasonal allergies?
We’re in the midst of a tricky season. Allergies that should be winding down are lingering. And while another threat, COVID-19, makes a slow exit, crossover symptoms are causing confusion this spring.
Will we need a COVID-19 booster shot?
More than 60% of U.S. adults have gotten at least one dose of the coronavirus vaccine. Now, many are wondering if they’ll need to roll up their sleeves for a booster shot.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
NY stadiums, arenas fully vaccinated seating
For the first time since 2019, fans can sit side-by-side in Yankee Stadium as vaccinated seating sections open up Friday at full capacity with no social distancing between seats.
Latest official numbers
As of Sunday, there were 2,078,417 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,594 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here