NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine latest in New York
- Total vaccine doses administered – 19,479,983
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 72,178
- Total vaccine doses administered over past seven days – 483,366
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 66.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 58.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 68.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 59.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 54.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 47.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 56.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 47.8%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- Test results reported – 117,999
- Total positive – 549
- One-day percent positive – 0.47%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 0.52%
- COVID patient hospitalization – 816
- Patients in ICU – 208
- Patients in ICU with intubation – 112
- New COVID fatalities – 13
- Total deaths – 42,789
Jill Biden, Dr. Fauci to visit NYC
First Lady Dr. Jill Biden and President Joe Biden’s chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci visited a COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Harlem Sunday afternoon.
NY lawmakers aim to increase penalties for fake COVID vaccine cards
Assembly lawmakers passed a bill on Thursday that would make it a felony to forge or possess fake immunization records, including COVID-19 vaccine cards.
Belmont Stakes draws thousands to Triple Crown finale
Thousands of horse racing fans headed to Belmont Park on Long Island Saturday for the annual Belmont Stakes. About 11,000 spectators were expected to fill the stands this year after last year’s races ran without any fans present due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
NY vaccine lottery scratch-offs incentive extended
NYC school vaccination program opens, but faces challenges
The first of a series of on-campus vaccination sites opened in the Bronx on Friday, but the event ended up showing how challenging vaccinating 12- to 17-year-olds might be.
NY unveils first 10 college scholarship winners
Ten lucky students in New York received full college scholarships on Wednesday, simply for getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official numbers
As of Sunday, there were 2,088,666 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,789 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here