NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine update in New York
- Total doses administered – 13,297,331
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 175,311
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 1,438,340
- Percent of New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 41.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers fully vaccinated – 28.1%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- Test results reported Saturday – 243,171
- Total positive – 5,704
- One-day percent positive – 2.35%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 2.92%
- Patient hospitalization – 3,754
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 849
- Number of ICU patients with Intubation – 520
- New COVID fatalities – 35
- Total deaths – 41,485
J&J vaccine could resume later this week
The United States will likely move to resume Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine this coming week, possibly with restrictions or broader warnings after reports of some very rare blood clot cases, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday.
Nassau County hits lowest COVID-19 rate since last summer
Nassau County has hit COVID-19 positivity rates not seen since last summer, according to County Executive Laura Curran. The county’s positivity rate was 2.5% on Saturday. Hospitalizations were also down at a level not seen since Dec. 6.
Can you travel with kids if you’re fully vaccinated?
With summer travel plans heating up as the country continues to see vaccination numbers rise, many are eager to hit the road. But what do you do if you’re fully vaccinated and your children are not?
COVID vaccine in NYC: Walk-in locations in each borough
New Yorkers who are 50 and older can walk into city-run vaccine sites and get a COVID-19 shot without an appointment beginning Saturday.
COVID death toll tops staggering 3 million worldwide
The global death toll from the coronavirus topped a staggering 3 million people Saturday amid repeated setbacks in the worldwide vaccination campaign and a deepening crisis in places such as Brazil, India and France.
Latest official numbers
As of Sunday, there were 1,984,929 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,485 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here