NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine update
- Total doses administered – 11,858,991
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 189,820
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 1,496,254
- Percent of New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 37.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers fully vaccinated – 24.4%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths
- Test results reported Saturday – 226,048
- Total positive – 6,764
- One-day percent positive – 2.99%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 3.27%
- Patient hospitalization – 4,083
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 877
- Number of ICU patients with intubation – 577
- New COVID deaths – 53
- Total fatalities since March 2020 – 41,139
Reporting COVID-19 vaccine side effects makes a difference: CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is tracking vaccine side effects through a mobile app. V-safe is a tool that can be accessed using a smartphone and allows users to track their health after getting the vaccine and communicate any side effects to the CDC. Anyone who has been vaccinated within the last six weeks can participate, according to CDC.
NY COVID vaccine shortage
A shortage of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine will impact New York’s vaccination efforts next week, Gov. Andrew Cuomo warned on Friday. The state is expected to receive 34,900 Johnson & Johnson shots in its Week 18 allotment — a drop of 88% compared to the previous week, according to the governor.
Latest official numbers
As of Sunday, there were 1,941,404 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,139 lab-confirmed fatalities, according to the state Department of Health.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here