NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine latest in New York
- Total doses administered – 18,891,766
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 76,027
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 611,745
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 64.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 56.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 53.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 45.3%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths in NY
- Test results reported Friday – 140,392
- Total positive – 870
- One-day percent positive – 0.62%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 0.73%
- Patient hospitalization – 1,143
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 267
- Number of ICU patients with Intubation – 158
- New COVID fatalities – 12
- Total deaths – 42,677
NYC reports 1 COVID death
One death in Staten Island was the only COVID-related fatality reported with the five boroughs on Thursday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday. The state also reported its lowest daily positivity rate since the start of the pandemic.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
NY venues can return to 100% capacity
All venues in New York now have the option to return to 100% capacity for only fully vaccinated people, Gov. Cuomo announced Wednesday.
Some venues, however, have the option to have a capacity of 50% vaccinated and 50% unvaccinated people, however that limits the number of people allowed into arenas, stadiums and other spaces, according to Cuomo. Read more here for the full details.
Latest official numbers
As of Saturday, there were 2,083,911 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,677 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here