NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
NY COVID vaccine latest
- Total doses administered – 17,450,324
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 143,553
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 885,608
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 61.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 51.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 49.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 41.3%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths in NY
- Results reported Friday – 193,450
- Total positive – 2,041
- One-day percent positive – 1.06%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 1.18%
- Patient hospitalization – 1,688
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 407
- Number ICU patients with intubation – 246
- New COVID deaths – 23
- Total fatalities – 42,440
Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Publix to drop mask mandate
Following the CDC’s relaxed guidance on wearing masks, some retail stores and businesses are continuing their mandates to ensure the safety of customers and employees. Others like Walmart and Costco have dropped their requirements. Click here to see a full list of updated store policies.
NY not easing mask rules yet, despite CDC guidance
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention eased mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people on Thursday, saying they can stop wearing masks outdoors in crowds and indoors in most settings.
However, New Yorkers should still plan to mask up for now. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state’s health officials will first review the recommendations.
NY children begin getting the Pfizer COVID vaccine
Thursday was the first day that children in New York 12 years old and up could get vaccinated with the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Latest official numbers
As of Saturday, there were 2,067,574 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,440 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here