NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine latest in New York
- Total doses administered – 15,549,389
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 159,863
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 1,253,779
- Percent of New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 46.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers fully vaccinated – 34.6%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations deaths in NY
- Test results reported Friday – 232,942
- Total positive – 3,725
- One-day percent positive – 1.60%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 1.89%
- Patient hospitalization – 2,729
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 658
- Number of ICU patients with intubation – 417
- New COVID fatalities – 25
- Total deaths – 42,018
TSA extends mask mandate on planes to September
The Biden administration said on Friday it is extending face mask requirements across all U.S. transportation networks to address the spread of COVID-19. TSA requirements that took effect on Feb. 1 were set to expire on May 11. They cover workers and travelers at airports, on board commercial aircraft, over-the-road buses, and on commuter bus and rail systems through Sept. 13.
NYC indoor capacity limits to expand
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced New York City can expand its indoor dining capacity to 75% beginning May 7. Hair salons, barber shops and other personal care businesses can also expand to 75% capacity the same day. New York City’s gyms and fitness centers will be able to expand to 50% capacity the week after, beginning May 15.
US to restrict travel from India over COVID
The United States will restrict travel from India starting Tuesday, the White House said Friday, citing a devastating rise in COVID-19 cases in the country and the emergence of potentially dangerous variants of the coronavirus.
Latest official numbers
As of Saturday, there were 2,036,219 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,018 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here