NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID vaccine updates
- Total doses administered – 13,122,020
- Total doses administered over past 24 hours – 249,255
- Total doses administered over past seven days – 1,452,849
- Percent of New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 40.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers fully vaccinated – 27.6%
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths in NY
- Test results reported – 296,240
- Total positive – 8,235
- One-day percent positive – 2.78%
- Seven- day average percent positive – 3.03%
- Patient hospitalization – 3,834
- Number of COVID patients in ICU – 866
- Number of ICU patients with intubation – 535
- New COVID deaths – 58
- Total fatalities – 41,450
COVID vaccine in NYC: Walk-in locations in each borough
New Yorkers who are 50 and older can walk into city-run vaccine sites and get a COVID-19 shot without an appointment beginning Saturday.
COVID death toll tops staggering 3 million worldwide
The global death toll from the coronavirus topped a staggering 3 million people Saturday amid repeated setbacks in the worldwide vaccination campaign and a deepening crisis in places such as Brazil, India and France.
How the pandemic has changed the way we talk and live
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the world. For the past 13 months, much of what we do is framed by it. How we talk. What we talk about. And how we act.
Will you need a COVID vaccine every year? Researchers look at the data
About a half-million people per week are getting coronavirus vaccinations in New York City, meeting the goal set by the de Blasio administration months ago. The state — and New Jersey — are similarly meeting vaccination goals, as vaccine supply appears to begin matching demand. However, even as that’s happening, the prospect of a yearly vaccination against the virus is increasing.
Will your kids need to be vaccinated?
With nearly a quarter of Americans now fully vaccinated, many are wondering: Will kids need the vaccine, too? The answer is undoubtedly yes, said Donna Hallas, the director of the pediatric nurse practitioner program at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing.
Latest official numbers
As of Saturday, there were 1,979,225 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,450 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here