NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Cuomo gives NY COVID-19 update
- NY positivity rate: 1.09%
- 929 new positive cases, first day under 1,000 since October 18
- 7-day positivity: 0.9% (lowest since September)
- Hospitalizations: 1,305
- ICU: 303
- Intubations: 185
- COVID-19 fatalities in NY: 14
- Vaccines: More than 10 million vaccines administered.
- Number of vaccines administered daily is dropping (55% – less than 100,000 vaccines a day)
Vaccines in NY
- “Shot in the Park” incentive: If you get vaccinated this week, you get a two-day family pass to any of the 16 state parks.
Cuomo on schools fully reopening:
- “Remote learning sounds fine and worked fine enough for some students, but some students paid a very heavy price for remote learning,” Cuomo said.
- By the current trajectory, I think there’s no reason why every school shouldn’t be open in September.
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
Vaccines in NYC
- Total doses: 7,962,139
- 70% of seniors first dose
- 60% of adults first dose
- 50% of adults fully vaccinated
- NYC vaccine contest:
- New prizes weekly
- Anyone 18+ automatically invited to enter contest after first dose at city-run sites
- Running through early July
- Prizes: Staycation packages, concert tickets, Broadway shows and more
- This week: 10 free, one-year memberships to Crunch Fitness
- 50 three-day passes to Governors Ball
- “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” returns to Ed Sullivan Theater June 14 to full, vaccinated audience
- All court employees expected to be back
- Monday and Tuesday: Pop-up vaccines outside courts from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Lou Gehrig Plaza in the Bronx, Staten Island Courthouse Plaza, Queens Borough Hall)
NYC schools reopening
- City public schools will fully reopen for in-person learning and no remote option in September.
- Situation room to monitor
- School open houses starting in June
- COVID Hospitalizations: 85 (19% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 0.81
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 405
- 7-day rolling average: 1.13% (Lowest since September 2020)
NYC schools reopening
Mayor de Blasio announced NYC schools will fully reopen for in-person learning and no remote option in September.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million — The “Vax & Scratch” program begins Monday.
Latest official numbers
As of Monday, there were 2,079,346 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,608 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here