NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Cuomo provides NY COVID-19 update
- NY positivity rate: 0.66%
- Total tests reported: 70,636
- Total positive: 463
- NY COVID-19 hospitalizations: 799
- COVID-19 fatalities in NY: 9
COVID-19 in NY
- One of the lowest positivity rates in the country
- 10 straight lowest
- Vaccinations: 19,538,790 total doses administered
- Local governments must focus on areas with lowest vaccination rates
- State will establish vaccine sites where zip code data shows low rates
- Schools: Risk of transmission by children is extremely low
- CDC: Their policy guidance remains the same in all states
- In NYS: No mask mandate in schools outdoors is necessary (up to school district)
- CDC has no objection to that.
- Allows state to align camp and school guidance.
- When NYS vaccination rate hits 70%, we can lift more restrictions
- Lifted: Capacity restrictions, social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, health screening
- Mask requirements remain in place as per CDC
- When state hits 70%, Empire State Building and state assets will be lit up in blue and gold lights.
Q&A – crime, reopening and the mayor’s race
- NYC mayoral run
- Everything is important, but priorities are crime and homelessness
- Crime comes first. If people believe the city is not safe, you don’t get past that point.
- NY will come back if it’s not stopped by crime, homelessness and quality of life.
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
Safe Summer NYC
- Keeping NYC safe
- Double Cure Violence and expand youth employment
- Deploy more officers to the 100 blocks with the most shootings
- Expand ShotSpotter
- Continue to support full in-person reopening of the courts
- Gun arrests up by 28% year-to-date
- Strengthen support for state parolees
- State should provide: Transitional jobs, transitional housing, access to health care, access to mental and behavioral health services
Vaccines in NYC
- Total doses administered: 8,520,047
- This week’s vaccine incentives: 10 people will win six packs of 30-day unlimited MetroCards
- NYC plans massive concert at Central park to celebrate reopening
- Happening in August
- Working with Clive Davis
- “Get ready for an unforgettable week, a once-in-a-lifetime concert,” the mayor said.
- COVID Hospitalizations: 59 (8% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 0.46
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 204
- 7-day rolling average: 0.71%
NYS mask guidance in schools
Jill Biden, Dr. Fauci visit NYC
First Lady Dr. Jill Biden and President Joe Biden’s chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci visited a COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Harlem Sunday afternoon.
NY lawmakers aim to increase penalties for fake COVID vaccine cards
Assembly lawmakers passed a bill on Thursday that would make it a felony to forge or possess fake immunization records, including COVID-19 vaccine cards.
NY vaccine lottery scratch-offs incentive extended
NYC school vaccination program opens, but faces challenges
The first of a series of on-campus vaccination sites opened in the Bronx on Friday, but the event ended up showing how challenging vaccinating 12- to 17-year-olds might be.
NY unveils first 10 college scholarship winners
Ten lucky students in New York received full college scholarships on Wednesday, simply for getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official numbers
As of Monday, there were 2,089,129 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,798 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here