NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Cuomo shares latest NY COVID-19 numbers
Daily indicators statewide
- Statewide positivity rate: 1.01% – Lowest since Oct. 10
- 7-day average: 1.22% – 39 straight days of decline
- COVID hospitalizations: 1,767 – Lowest since Nov. 12
- ICU patients: 415 – Lowest since Nov. 16
- Intubated: 247 – Lowest since Nov. 21
- Daily COVID deaths: 25
Mayor de Blasio gives NYC COVID-19 update
- COVID Hospitalizations: 85
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 699
- 7-day rolling average: 1.78%
- Vaccines – Total doses administered: 7,366,582
NY not easing mask rules yet, despite CDC guidance
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention eased mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people Thursday, saying they can stop wearing masks outdoors in crows and indoors in most settings.
However, New Yorkers should still plan to mask up for now. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state’s health officials will first review the recommendations.
NY children begin getting the Pfizer COVID vaccine
Thursday was the first day that children in New York 12 years old and up could get vaccinated with the Pfizer shot.
Latest official numbers
As of Friday, there were 2,065,533 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,414 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here