NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Mayor de Blasio shares NYC COVID-19 data
- 168 new hospitalizations
- 2,325 new cases
- 5.35% positivity rate (7-day avg.)
Gov. Cuomo shares NY COVID-19 data
- NY positivity rate: 2.81%
- Tests reported: 232,929
- Total positive: 6,555
- NY COVID-19 hospitalizations: 3,884
- COVID-19 fatalities in NY: 43
Gov. Cuomo makes internet affordability announcement
Internet in New York
- Two barriers to broadband connectivity
- Access – 98% of New Yorkers have access to high-speed broadband
- NYS will conduct an in-depth statewide mapping study of broadband to identify homes without access
- Affordability – Internet service providers sell expensive service packages, the average basic high-speed internet plan is too costly for many NY families
- Cuomo: Signing a law that requires all internet service providers in NY (Spectrum, Optimum, Verizon, Frontier, Windstream, etc.) must provide affordable costs at $15 a month (All-in, high-speed internet) — total fee, inclusive of equipment, taxes for HSI
- Low-cost broadband internet access for low-income families will be the first in the nation.
Click here to watch or watch below.
Latest official numbers
As of Friday, there were 1,970,990 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 41,390 fatalities, according to data from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here