NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Murphy gives NJ COVID-19 update
NJ reopening: Employer guidance and employer flexibility
- Effective Friday June 4
- Employers may allow employees who can verify they are vaccinated to forgo masking and social distancing
- Rescinding requirement to accommodate remote working arrangements and to reduce on-site staffs to the minimal number necessary
Child care in NJ
- Group sizes in child care classes will be returned to their normal regulated limits
Daily health indicators
- New cases: 352 (Statewide total: 886,585)
- Hospitalizations: 641
- Ventilators: 94
- New deaths: 25 (Death toll: 23,489)
- The daily percent positive for test: 2.79%
- The statewide rate of transmission: 0.75
- Vaccines administered: 8,485,313
- Fully vaccinated: 4,134,624
New Jersey dropping indoor mask mandate
Beginning Friday, New Jersey will drop its statewide mask mandate in most indoor settings, following CDC guidance.
There are some spaces where masking will continue to be required. See the details here.
The statewide 6-foot social distancing requirement in all indoor and outdoor settings will also be lifted Friday in New Jersey.
COVID vaccine latest in New Jersey
As of Tuesday, 8,434,985 total vaccine doses had been administered statewide and 4,107,003 New Jersey residents were fully vaccinated.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official indicators
As of Wednesday, there have been 886,585 total positive PCR tests in the state since March 2020, and there have been 23,489 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.