NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Vaccine latest in New Jersey
- As of Wednesday, 9,512,222 total doses have been administered and 4,843,934 individuals who live, work, or study in the state were fully vaccinated.
- There are more than 1,500 places to get vaccinated in New Jersey.
- Visit covid19.nj.gov/finder to find a vaccination site near you.
- “Do your part to protect yourself, your family, and your community,” Murphy said.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- 213 new positive PCR tests
- 891,840 total PCR tests
- 89 new positive antigen tests
- 129,982 total antigen tests
- 323 patients hospitalized
- 58 patients in ICUs
- 30 ventilators in use
- 10 new lab-confirmed COVID deaths
- 23,712 total confirmed deaths
- 2,698 additional probable deaths
- The statewide rate of transmission was 0.99
- The positivity rate from June 19 was 1.30%
US vaccine milestone: 70% of Americans 30 or older have gotten COVID shot
More than 70% of Americans age 30 or older have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, the White House said, even as President Joe Biden is set to fall short of reaching his goal of giving a shot to the same percentage of all American adults by Independence Day.
NJ COVID vaccine milestone
New Jersey surpassed 4.7 million people fully vaccinated ahead of the state’s goal of June 30.
NJ ending utility shutoff moratorium
New Jersey’s moratorium on utility shutoffs for customers with overdue bills during the pandemic will end next month, Gov. Phil Murphy said Monday.
NJ schools mask mandate frustrations spill out during hearing
Frustrated parents called on New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy to relax mandates for mask wearing in schools across the state. The testimony came on June 11 during an Assembly Republican hearing on masks in schools and featured testimony from mothers and at least one school nurse.
Poll: Americans who refuse COVID vaccine likely won’t change mind
According to the poll published on June 8 by the analytics and advisory company Gallup, 78% say they are unlikely to reconsider their vaccination plans, including 51% who say they are “not likely at all” to change their mind and get vaccinated.
What is happening with the US investigation into COVID-19’s origins?
Once dismissed by most public health experts and government officials, the hypothesis that COVID-19 leaked accidentally from a Chinese lab is now receiving scrutiny under a new U.S. investigation.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official indicators
As of Wednesday, there have been 891,840 total positive PCR tests in the state since March 2020, and there have been 23,712 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.