NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
FEMA funeral assistance for COVID victims
- New Jersey residents who lost a loved one to COVID-19 can apply for reimbursement of funeral and burial costs through FEMA.
- For eligibility information, visit http://disasterassistance.gov
- To apply, call 1-844-684-6333. There are no online applications.
J&J vaccine updates
- Murphy said while New Jersey is following federal recommendations to pause the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the six cases of blood clotting each appear to be extremely rare.
- Just over 244,000 doses of the J&J vaccine were administered in New Jersey prior to the suspension and no similar adverse effects have been reported in the state.
- As of Wednesday, Johnson & Johnson accounted for only 4% of the more than 5.6 million total vaccine doses administered in New Jersey.
- Even with this pause, the state’s overall goal of vaccinating 4.7 million adult New Jerseyans by the end of June remains in place.
- The pause also will not affect the state’s expansion of vaccine eligibility to people 16 years and older on Monday.
- “No one who has received the J&J vaccine should panic or worry. This review by the CDC and FDA is coming out of an abundance of caution,” Murphy said. “This review is critical to our efforts to ensure confidence in our vaccination program and the vaccines themselves.”
Vaccine update in NJ
As of Wednesday morning, 5,641,115 total doses have been administered and 2,292,316 New Jersey residents were fully vaccinated.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- 2,828 new positive PCR tests
- 845,201 total PCR tests
- 958 new positive antigen tests
- 118,283 total antigen tests
- 2,281 COVID patients hospitalized
- 457 COVID patients in ICUs
- 254 ventilators in use
- 43 new lab-confirmed fatalities
- 22,414 total lab-confirmed deaths
- 2,592 additional probable deaths
- The statewide rate of transmission continues to trend downward and is currently 0.92
- The positivity rate for all 24,396 PCR tests recorded on April 10 was 11%
Latest official numbers:
As of Wednesday, there have been 845,201 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 22,414 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.