NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
COVID vaccine latest in NJ
As of Tuesday, 8,945,129 total doses have been administered and 4,395,109 New Jersey residents were fully vaccinated.
Update: New COVID cases, deaths
- 200 new positive PCR tests
- 889,255 total positive PCR tests
- 67 new positive antigen tests
- 129,052 total positive antigen tests
- 11 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 23,616 total confirmed deaths
- 2,678 additional probable deaths
New Jersey eases mask rules for summer camps
Children and staffers at summer camps in New Jersey will not have to wear masks outside, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Monday. However, unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to mask-up in crowded settings and during activities that involve sustained contact with others, the governor added.
NJ ends public health emergency
Gov. Phil Murphy on Friday signed legislation enabling the end of New Jersey’s COVID-19 public health emergency. The pandemic milestone comes 15 months after a state of emergency was first declared.
More NJ indoor gathering limits lifted
The following restrictions were lifted in New Jersey on Friday:
- General indoor gathering limit, which was at 50 people
- Indoor gathering limit for political gatherings, weddings, funerals, memorial services, performances and other catered or commercial events
- 30% capacity limit for indoor large venues with a fixed-seating capacity over 1,000
New Jersey to shut down down 6 mass vaccination sites
New Jersey will shut down its six mass COVID-19 vaccination sites as the state moves from a megasite model to relying on community-based sites, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Wednesday.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official indicators
As of Tuesday, there have been 889,255 total positive PCR tests in the state since March 2020, and there have been 23,616 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.