NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
COVID vaccine update
- As of Sunday morning, 5,375,296 total doses have been administered and 2,158,711 New Jersey residents are fully vaccinated.
Update: New COVID-19 cases, deaths
- 2,897 new positive PCR tests
- 837,052 total positive PCR tests
- 695 new positive antigen tests
- 116,438 total positive antigen tests
- 14 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 22,297 total lab-confirmed deaths
- 2,573 additional probable deaths
Reporting COVID-19 vaccine side effects makes a difference: CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is tracking vaccine side effects through a mobile app. V-safe is a tool that can be accessed using a smartphone and allows users to track their health after getting the vaccine and communicate any side effects to the CDC. Anyone who has been vaccinated within the last six weeks can participate, according to CDC.
Latest official numbers:
As of Sunday, there have been 837,052 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 22,297 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.