NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
COVID vaccine latest in New Jersey
As of Saturday, 8,846,947 total doses have been administered statewide and 4,331,528 New Jersey residents were fully vaccinated.
Update: New COVID cases and deaths
- 293 new positive PCR tests
- 888,747 total positive PCR tests
- 137 new positive antigen tests
- 128,948 total positive antigen tests
- 8 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 23,595 total confirmed deaths
- 2,678 additional probable deaths
NJ ends public health emergency
Gov. Phil Murphy on Friday signed legislation enabling the end of New Jersey’s COVID-19 public health emergency. The pandemic milestone comes 15 months after a state of emergency was first declared.
More NJ indoor gathering limits lifted
The following restrictions were lifted in New Jersey on Friday:
- General indoor gathering limit, which was at 50 people
- Indoor gathering limit for political gatherings, weddings, funerals, memorial services, performances and other catered or commercial events
- 30% capacity limit for indoor large venues with a fixed-seating capacity over 1,000
New Jersey to shut down down 6 mass vaccination sites
New Jersey will shut down its six mass COVID-19 vaccination sites as the state moves from a megasite model to relying on community-based sites, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Wednesday.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official indicators
As of Saturday, there have been 888,747 total positive PCR tests in the state since March 2020, and there have been 23,595 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.