NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
COVID vaccine updates
- As of Monday afternoon, 5,440,258 total doses have been administered statewide and 2,190,874 New Jersey residents are fully vaccinated.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- 2,079 new positive PCR tests
- 839,114 total PCR tests
- 552 new positive antigen tests
- 116,852 total antigen tests
- 2,261 COVID patients hospitalized
- 448 patients in ICUs
- 241 ventilators in use
- 27 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 22,323 total lab-confirmed deaths since March 2020
- 2,573 additional probable deaths
- The positivity rate for all 45,456 PCR tests recorded on April 8 was 8.39%
- The statewide rate of transmission is 0.94
- Of New Jersey’s public-school districts, charter schools, renaissance schools, and schools for students with disabilities:
- 165 open for in-person instruction
- 496 open for hybrid instruction
- 118 all-remote learning
- 32 districts using a combination across buildings
Newark classrooms reopen Monday
After over a year since schools in New Jersey’s largest school district closed their doors, Newark schools welcome back students Monday for a new hybrid-learning program two days a week.
Latest official numbers:
As of Monday, there have been 839,114 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 22,323 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.