NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Murphy gives NJ COVID-19 update
Daily health indicators
- New cases: 304 (Statewide total: 888,507)
- Hospitalizations: 479
- ICU: 97
- Ventilators: 63
- New deaths: 12 (Death toll: 23,587)
- The statewide rate of transmission: 0.72
- Vaccines administered: 8,802,099
- Fully vaccinated: 4,303,321
NJ ends public health emergency
Gov. Phil Murphy on Friday signed legislation enabling the end of New Jersey’s COVID-19 public health emergency. The pandemic milestone comes 15 months after a state of emergency was first declared.
More NJ indoor gathering limits lifted
As of Friday, June 4, the following restrictions are lifted in New Jersey:
- General indoor gathering limit, which was at 50 people
- Indoor gathering limit for political gatherings, weddings, funerals, memorial services, performances and other catered or commercial events
- 30% capacity limit for indoor large venues with a fixed-seating capacity over 1,000
New Jersey shutting down 6 mass vaccination sites
New Jersey will shut down its six mass COVID-19 vaccination sites as the state moves from a megasite model to relying on community-based sites, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Wednesday.
New York, New Jersey and several companies nationwide are offering incentives for those who get vaccinated, including free food, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket where people have the chance to win $5 million.
Latest official indicators
As of Friday, there have been 888,507 total positive PCR tests in the state since March 2020, and there have been 23,587 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.