NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the Department of Health tweeted the state’s latest COVID-19 daily indicators and vaccine numbers.
- Total COVID hospitalizations: 4,604
- Daily positivity rate Wednesday: 3.71%
- Of 239,652 tests reported, 8,888 were positive
- COVID fatalities Wednesday: 56
- 31% of New York residents have received at least one vaccine dose
- 18.5% have completed their vaccine series
- 233,754 total vaccine doses were administered over past 24 hours
- 9,655,705 total doses have been administered in New York to date
Mayor Bill de Blasio shared the latest on New York City’s COVID-19 response. Watch in video below.
Vaccines in NYC
- Beginning April 8, new vaccination site opening on the South Shore at St. Joseph-St. Thomas
- 4,134,399 total doses administered
- More pop-up locations
Reopening in NYC
- Governors Island reopens May 1
- New weekend and holiday ferry service at two Brooklyn locations
- Free ferry rides for: NYCHA residents, seniors, kids, IDNYC holders, current and former military personnel
- Reserve tickets starting Monday: Govisland.com
Celebrating the holidays — Follow the Safe Six
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Keep gatherings small
- Stay 6 feet apart and wear a mask if celebrating in-person or other households
- Keep hands clean
- Get tested
- Get vaccinated
- COVID Hospitalizations: 194 (60% positivity rate)
- Hospitalization rate per 100,000, 7-day average (NYS): 3.84
- New reported COVID-19 cases on 7-day average (including probable cases): 3,491
- 7-day rolling average: 6.64%
It’s Opening Day at Yankee Stadium! A year after no fans were allowed during the virus-shortened 60-game season, Yankees fans are set to return to the stadium Thursday as Yankee Stadium operates at 20% of its full capacity and as the team adheres to coronavirus protocols.
Latest official numbers
As of Thursday, there were 1,867,320 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 40,570 lab-confirmed fatalities, according to the state Department of Health.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here