NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID-19 vaccine update
- As of Sunday morning, 22.1% of New Yorkers have received at least one vaccine dose and 11.3% have completed their vaccine series.
- 130,350 total doses were administered over the past 24 hours
- 6,577,070 total doses administered to date
1 year since 1st known COVID-19 death reported
It has been one year since the first known COVID-19 death in NY was reported. The 82-year-old woman died at a Brooklyn hospital on March 13, 2020. Gov. Cuomo announced her death the following day. To date, COVID has killed more than 39,000 New Yorkers.
COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations update
- Test Results Reported Saturday – 206,680
- Total positive Saturday – 5,943
- Percent positive Saturday – 2.88%
- Seven-day average percent positive – 3.15%
- Patient hospitalization statewide – 4,486
- ICU patients statewide – 927
- Ventilator use – 619
- New fatalities – 62
- Total deaths since March 2020 – 39,527
1 year of restrictions for NYC restaurant owners
One year ago on Friday, the first set of restaurant capacity restrictions was put in place by the state. Restaurants had to find creative ways to engage with guests. Outdoor dining has been a success. However, many small businesses have closed.
IRS sends out stimulus checks
The first batch of $1,400 stimulus payments was processed Friday, with additional large batches of payments to be sent via direct deposits or through the mail as checks or debit cards in coming weeks, the officials said.
Debt collectors eye third stimulus checks
Collectors can seize $1,400 payment if you have unpaid debts.
The latest official numbers:
As of Sunday, there were 1,728,406 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 39,527 lab-confirmed fatalities, according to the state Department of Health.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here