NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
COVID-19 vaccines and live music
On a recent weekday, the sounds of Vivaldi, Mozart and Bach greeted hundreds of just-inoculated New Yorkers as they entered a medical observation area at one of the city’s biggest COVID-19 vaccination sites, the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
The music is part of a series of daily, two-hour midday concerts from a collaboration between the nonprofit group Sing for Hope and violinist Victoria Paterson, who started her own nonprofit, Music and Medicine.
- As of Saturday morning, 28.7% of New Yorkers have received at least one vaccine dose and 15.8% are fully vaccinated.
- 219,554 total doses were administered over the past 24 hours
- 8,690,714 total doses administered to date
Update on COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, deaths
- Total COVID hospitalizations are at 4,578
- Of the 259,945 tests reported Friday, 8,201 were positive
- One-day percent of positive cases: 3.15%
- 76 additional fatalities reported
Latest official numbers
As of Saturday, there were 1,826,545 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 40,266 lab-confirmed fatalities, according to the state Department of Health.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here