NEW YORK — Find the latest information on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York City, including data on positive cases and other indicators, and information from local officials.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo released the latest New York COVID-19 indicators
- NY positivity rate: 3.01%
- 282,449 tests reported
- 8,507 positive
- NY COVID-19 hospitalizations: 4,603
- COVID-19 fatalities in NY: 49
Gov. Andrew Cuomo made an announcement at a Bronx community center. Watch in video below or click here.
- What defeats COVID? The vaccines
- Cuomo: “We have the weapon that kills the enemy,” but they have to be put in arms
SOMOS and COVID-19 vaccines
- In many communities across that need healthcare the most, you have SOMOS
- State providing vaccines directly to SOMOS
- Opening pop-up centers (Churches and centers in communities hardest hit)
Hurricane Maria Memorial
- Opens Friday
- We said we’d open a memorial to remember the victims of the hurricane and to remember the experience and solidarity of the people of Puerto Rico.
- Located at Battery Park City. From that memorial you see the Statue of Liberty
- “It’s our way of memorializing our Puerto Rican brothers and sisters”
Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted the latest COVID-19 daily indicators for New York City on Friday morning:
- 208 new COVID hospitalizations
- 3,260 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Citywide positivity rate, 7-day average: 5.68%
Latest official numbers
As of Friday, there were 1,818,344 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 40,190 lab-confirmed fatalities, according to the state Department of Health.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here