NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
COVID vaccine update
- As of Wednesday, 4,892,598 total doses have been administered statewide.
- 1,896,442 individuals are fully vaccinated – 40% of the way to the state’s initial goal of 4.7 million individuals fully vaccinated by June 30.
Gov. Phil Murphy to get vaccinated Friday
- Murphy said he and first lady Tammy Murphy scheduled appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at the Atlantic City megasite on Friday.
- “A terrific location with plenty of vaccine availability,” he said.
Update: New COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths
- 3,578 new positive PCR tests
- 824,179 total PCR tests
- 1,067 new positive antigen tests
- 113,800 total antigen tests
- 2,375 COVID patients hospitalized
- 455 patients in ICUs
- 249 ventilators in use
- 45 new lab-confirmed fatalities
- 22,176 total lab-confirmed deaths since March 2020
- 2,573 additional probable deaths
- The positivity rate for all 24,717 PCR tests recorded on April 3 was 12.37%
- The statewide rate of transmission is 1.04
Latest official numbers:
As of Wednesday, there have been 824,179 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 22,176 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.