NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
NJ, NY top list of states with highest COVID infections per capita
A year after becoming a global epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, New York and New Jersey are back atop the list of U.S. states with the highest rates of infection.
- As of Sunday morning, 3,970,723 vaccine doses have been administered statewide.
- 2,523,401 first doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1,444,961 fully vaccinated New Jersey residents
COVID-19 data update
- 3,927 new positive PCR tests
- 789,473 total positive PCR tests
- 912 new positive antigen tests
- 107,179 total positive antigen tests
- 16 new lab-confirmed deaths
- 21,854 total lab-confirmed deaths
- 2,535 additional probable deaths
Latest official numbers:
As of Sunday, there have been 789,473 confirmed cases in the state since March 2020, and there have been 21,854 lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths, according to the state Health Department.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here